Below, is a story from the Daily Mail, which raises more suspicions about the alleged death and burial at sea of Osama bin Laden. Interestingly, the account of Osama bin Laden's preparation for burial, according to "Islamic procedures," was provided in an email by Rear Admiral Charles Gaouette. Gaouette would later be relieved of command of the U.S.S. Stennis Carrier Strike Group last October for " inappropriate leadership judgment." http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/navy-replaces-admiral-leading-mideast-strike-group-because-of-ongoing-investigation/ His firing, followed the September 11th, 2012, terrorist raid on the CIA compound in Benghazi, Libya that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens. ~ B.B.
Revealed: Military emails show that NO U.S. sailors witnessed Osama bin Laden's secret burial at sea
- Emails describe how Osama bin Laden's body was washed, wrapped in a white sheet and slid into the sea after religious remarks in Arabic
- Defense Department says it cannot find any images or videos of bin Laden's aboard USS Carl Vinson
- Pentagon failed to produce autopsy report, death certificate or results of DNA tests
- Military officials referred to bin Laden's body as 'package' in coded missives
- Release of emails mark first public disclosure of information about bin Laden's May 1, 2011 death
PUBLISHED:19:17 EST, 21 November 2012| UPDATED:19:17 EST, 21 November 2012
Internal emails among U.S. military officers indicate that no American sailors watched Osama bin Laden's burial at sea from the USS Carl Vinson, and traditional Islamic procedures were followed during the secret ceremony.
The emails, obtained by The Associated Press through the Freedom of Information Act, are heavily blacked out, but are the first public disclosure of government information about the al-Qaida leader's death. The emails were released Wednesday by the Defense Department.